PDB how to?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

booktaz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8 4.7L
Hello All :)
I'm hoping some one will be able to point me in the right direction.
Earlier this week our trucks rear parking lights wouldn't turn off.
Now here it gets long winded for clarifications :d:
I thought is was the light switch; since the switch is what turns on/off the lights: beams and parking. That didn't fix the issue.
My son of course looks here first to see if its going to be an easy fix; sadly he finds a post that says " copper wire in power distribution box fries or disappears over time" :( . easy fix is to run a wire from something in the box to another part.:roflsquared: only issue is that though we are shown pictures of where to run the wire; not shown is how to open the PDB :(. I've tried looking for the post and have no idea what words he used to find the post in the first place. So could some one Please send my the link or a better directions.
So we decided to look on Youtube to see if we could figure this out; sadly we didn't but someone did post to run the wire on the outside of the PDB from the relay to the 15th slot on the box, didn't work but now we have the front parking lights turn on and not off; so we removed the wire.

Now I've seen posts on here of the fuse box or power distribution box costing $400; sadly in Hawaii its $900+. That's the price of today who knows back home in Texas will be looking into it.

Please someone send me more information. Thank you in advance

steermaster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
actually my 06 used to do this...pull out on your brake pedal and make sure its not the actuall switch being sticky...that's how mine was!

steermaster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
also check RockAuto Parts Catalog if you are really hard up for anew part....cheaper prices and same OEM quality as parts store like NAPA or Auto Zone