Retrofitting 03 headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Hi guys, I purchased some cheap eBay projector headlight for my truck and was disappointed, imagine that. I still have my stock headlights sitting in the garage and want to try retro fitting then with a projector and hid kit. My problem is any google searches basically brings up a million options for bulb kits and projector housings. Can anyone help point me in the right direction in selecting a projector? I don't know what shrouds to pick, and what canbus system I have to run with me ram. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Morimoto seems the way to go, but I can't get their vehicle application tool to work.

OP
OP
chrisp2493

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I did notice their website was alittle difficult to use. The retrofit source worked alittle better and the prices seemed cheaper. Has anyone used ddm tuning? Morimoto is running upwards of $300 and I don't prefer going that expensive

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I did notice their website was alittle difficult to use. The retrofit source worked alittle better and the prices seemed cheaper. Has anyone used ddm tuning? Morimoto is running upwards of $300 and I don't prefer going that expensive

DDM tuning are a bunch of sleazeballs I'd never give a dime to.

https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/fo...63986-TRS-Quality-Issues-REPOST!-(STICKIED!)=

Morimoto is pretty much the only show in town when it comes to quality projectors that are relatively easy to retrofit. The only other options that are worthwhile are OEM, and that gets pretty advanced if you're new to the game.

OP
OP
chrisp2493

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Man that looks bad. I don't necessarily want to spend $300+ for the best, but there doesn't seem to be a middle ground between China cheap and top of the line. Oh well

PdPuNOme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I build custom headlights and more specifically for the ram's. I only use morimoto components and for a good reason, they last, they are the best and they have real warranties. I charge far less than any of those websites, if interested send me a message.

No middle ground on projectors at all and honestly morimoto projectors are not expensive they wiring kits made specifically for our rams is twice as much as the projectors that is where the costs jump.

OP
OP
chrisp2493

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I build custom headlights and more specifically for the ram's. I only use morimoto components and for a good reason, they last, they are the best and they have real warranties. I charge far less than any of those websites, if interested send me a message.

No middle ground on projectors at all and honestly morimoto projectors are not expensive they wiring kits made specifically for our rams is twice as much as the projectors that is where the costs jump.

You charge less for buying parts or less for retrofit jobs?

PdPuNOme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You charge less for buying parts or less for retrofit jobs?

Less overall.
Right now I can do either a 06-08 oem set for cheaper since I have a set in stock and I also have a set of 09+ oem duals I can retro for cheaper. I can take your lights and do them as well. Projectors, hid kit, halos, demon eyes, strips, switchbacks and paint if wanted.

Pic is of my 06 with my 6 projectors. quad projector headlights 100% custom.

PdPuNOme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
here is pic

Attachments

• IMG_1644.JPG
    IMG_1644.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 139
OP
OP
chrisp2493

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Also, I was interested in doing away with the orange reflector on the side for the turn signals. Is there anything special you have to do to move the turn signal to the old high beam space? 4757e82f777005528ed4456b2bbb273e.jpg