94 2500 motor change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kwasie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diesel
Can anyone help me with this question? I have a 94 dodge 2500 diesel, and I want to change the engine to another dodge body, with 4wheel drive and a better body with less rust, what is the latest model I can make the change to.
When I go to these shops around in the area that I live they always respond that I am asking for trouble. I understand that there may a problem the mounts but after that I can't see the problem. HELP!
Thank You

IrocRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Depends on how much work you want to do. If the engine and transmission are both good and you want to reuse, then just swap those into another 94-early 98 ish 2500 or 3500 dodge. If that other dodge is already a 12 valve, then you shouldn't have to do anything else other than swap the motor and transmission. If it's not originally a 12 valve, you will have some work to do that's for sure, but it won't be too hard. The engine and transmission are the main things. How experienced are you with these engines/trucks? If you don't have extensive knowledge (i only ask because you mentioned you have been asking shops) then I would either table it for a later day, or take your sweet time and do lots and lots of research. It wouldn't hurt to document it in a build thread on here though because everybody could always use more advice and tips on how to do this stuff. Myself included, never could know too much.