96 dodge 2500 not starting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Web_foot_whacker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 gas
My truck has been acting up sometimes it'll start on it own sometimes I have to get it jumped off. When it won't start I turn the key and all I get is one click from the starter. I just bought a new battery so I know it isn't that. Any recommendations? Guys let me know!!!

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
My truck has been acting up sometimes it'll start on it own sometimes I have to get it jumped off. When it won't start I turn the key and all I get is one click from the starter. I just bought a new battery so I know it isn't that. Any recommendations? Guys let me know!!!

Sounds like you have parasitic drain. Gotta find what's bleeding your battery down

Reaction score
Ram Year
2000 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins diesel
Engine

Check your fuses that is what was wrong with mine 2000 Dodge Ram 2500 ![emoji4] I checked my batteries and I checked my connections couldn’t find anything wrong so then I thought it was my starter and I took it out and bought a brand new one and put in it still nothing so I have it hauled off to garage and four days later it was a fuse so please check your fuses that’s all I’m gonna say amen good luck ![emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
2000 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins diesel
Engine
Sounds like you have parasitic drain. Gotta find what's bleeding your battery down

Replace barriers and replace both the big fuses under the hood [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963