Interior LED Glow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
So I installed an interior glow system similar to underglow. Cost about $35 from LedGlow.com. Heres how it looks. I went with green since I have a green truck. I forgot to get pics of the Add-a-circuit, I'll get that tomorrow.

IMG_0408.jpgIMG_0409.jpg

What you'll need:
1. side cutters
2. zip ties
3. your choice of kit
4. Add-a-circuit

First step is to layout your kit and figure out where you want your light strips positioned. I got the 4 strip kit and put 1 under the driverside dash above the brake pedal . 2nd under passenger dash here
IMG_0424.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
dapepper9

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
To do this run your wires for the rears under the center seat like so there are holes for you to lead the strips and wires through to reach the back of the seats and keep your wires somewhat hidden.
IMG_0429.jpg
Next part is to zip tie led strips into place. This is where the side cutters come into play as well, don't want any random ends of zip ties showing and make sure you keep track of all the pieces, I still occasionally find one.

Next start hiding wires. The way I did this was I pushed the wires for the rear under the plastic surrounding the 4WD shifter. IMG_0420.jpg

Was able to do the same for the PS dash strip using the plastic below the cupholders
IMG_0427.jpg

OP
OP
dapepper9

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
IMG_0426.jpg

I forgot to add the control box is mounted on the bottom center part of the DS dash with some 3M tape. On our not so smooth plastic the tape doesn't hold well. I left mine dangling lol but theres probably a better way to mount it.

MORE PICS!IMG_0409.jpg IMG_0410.jpg

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks great! I have the green LEDs sittin in the garage to do the same.

OP
OP
dapepper9

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
I love em lol. Control box has an audio function that flashes it to the beat of your music. Doesn't really work for radio but if you use somethin else to play thru your speakers its great. Heres a quick video of mine.

OP
OP
dapepper9

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
yaaa sorry about the pics lol, my ipod kinda sucks and some of em were at night so as to get a good rep of the brightness. don't have a better camera either

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I love em lol. Control box has an audio function that flashes it to the beat of your music. Doesn't really work for radio but if you use somethin else to play thru your speakers its great. Heres a quick video of mine.

Oh no, I won't be doing any of that. They'll be hard wired to the dome light.

OP
OP
dapepper9

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
I just have em set up to come on when I turn the key on thru adding them into the radio fuse. I just gotta make sure I don't have the music beat goin while I'm driving at night lol thats downright dangerous.

gravy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hard to see from pics but how well do they actually show, looking to wire mine to dome light as well, but im trying to find a way to run them while the door is shut if i like without the dome light having to be one, unless i just changed the dome light to a blue to match the rest of it. guess that isnt to bad.

Mojo75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Looks cool. Good work on the write up too!

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
dapepper9

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Hard to see from pics but how well do they actually show, looking to wire mine to dome light as well, but im trying to find a way to run them while the door is shut if i like without the dome light having to be one, unless i just changed the dome light to a blue to match the rest of it. guess that isnt to bad.

I don't quite understand what you mean but they light up the cab pretty well.