My 2001 1500 4x4 Madi build project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Z

zachl88

Reaction score
What does the TB mod do as far as gains? I'm trying to get pics up guys its just been a crappy week here with rain. And if I'm gonna post pics of my girl in all her faded glory she might as well be in the sun for it.

ADudeOnSkis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318/5.2 Magnum
Frees up air into the tb allowing it into the intake faster. Not huge gains but it's free so...

OP
OP
Z

zachl88

Reaction score
Here's Madis pics at the start of our build. She's a little beat up but body panels doors and the bed are all getting replaced or fixed. She's had previous body work before hence no stickers or badges.

OP
OP
Z

zachl88

Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1426528364733.jpg these are what we are running for tires on her. Lt285/75/16s they seem to be pretty decent so far around the farm but I haven't had the chance or place to really try them out yet.

OP
OP
Z

zachl88

Reaction score
I've actually decided against fender flares. The salt and dirt in Ohio build up and just eat the body alive.

OP
OP
Z

zachl88

Reaction score
OK guys I hope this thread is still gonna give me some more info. I need to know what I'm looking for when it comes to a locker for my front axle. I have the Dana 44 Spicer.... I believe... I'm finding parts that say locker that range from 45 bucks to bigger gear looking parts at a few hundred... Or do I already have a locker on the truck that would be stock?

OP
OP
Z

zachl88

Reaction score
That's the cheaper part I keep finding when I search "2001 dodge ram 1500 4x4 differential locker"

OP
OP
Z

zachl88

Reaction score
What are you asking? Where are you from? How about rust? Can you post a few pics?

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK guys I hope this thread is still gonna give me some more info. I need to know what I'm looking for when it comes to a locker for my front axle. I have the Dana 44 Spicer.... I believe... I'm finding parts that say locker that range from 45 bucks to bigger gear looking parts at a few hundred... Or do I already have a locker on the truck that would be stock?

Good brands for lockers include Detroit locker, spicer locker, and Yukon lockers. As far as I know the ore Dana 44 did not come stock with a locker so it should be an open carrier. When looking at lockers, any good brand is going to range from 4-600 dollars so don't be afraid to shell out some money. And if you want to re-gear, plan on shelling out 300$ per axle for ring and pinion gears plus a master install kit.

OP
OP
Z

zachl88

Reaction score
If I re-gear I'm just going to swap the axles entirely. Thanks for the info.