Rok-Tek Grille Insert Assembly & Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pitbull

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Where might find that kit. No local sources for it by me and i cant find it online. Id like one for my truck if the cost isnt crazy.

TexasCornBread

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Pit bull google roktec grilles assembly's you will find its 379.99 plus tax and shipping

If you can't dodge it RAM it !

pitbull

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Wow thanks TexasCornBread thats a steep price for it. I can get a compleat grill locally for that price just not that desighn. Think i might have to pass on this one and go another route

TexasCornBread

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Trust me I want the same grille but I'm not willing to pay that price ! I'm going to make own ?

pitbull

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
No doupt Im not spending that much on 1 cosmetic upgrade. Ill shop around for a alternative or look at making one aswell. But it does look BA there is no denying that.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
You guys realize how much a sheet of stainless that size cost right?
Now throw in the cost of the tooling, machining and powdercoating and it all adds up quickly

There are places you could corners on cost wise but it'll just cost you in the long run.

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Now throw in the cost of the tooling, machining and powdercoating and it all adds up quickly

There are places you could corners on cost wise but it'll just cost you in the long run.

x2

Tapatalk Addict

pitbull

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum

Your right but what your not thinking of is the end result is only limeted by our creativity and skills. Crafting one may or may not end up near the same price but it will be 100% custom and that is worth somthing there. Also in my case I have several local venders I can go to that have earned my confidence.

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
Yeah metal ain't cheap plus the work to do it.

I like my two piece though
000_0432.jpg

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Something like this isn't like rocksliders that can be quickly fabed up
To come anywhere near the quality of this there is going to have to be a few hours of CAD put into it since there are some tough contours to get a good fit
$125+ in stainless, $75 in powdercoating, $25 in stainless hardware plus how much time the cad work, tooling and machining costs and a bit of a profit to make it worth it.

This does have a bit of a steep price because it is a custom grille. There aren't many trucks out there with them.

TexasCornBread

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
I have cad and I get free stainless from work I'd only have to worry about paint

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I love the grill, but it is spendy for my budget too. Great write up cody!

Seeing as everyone else is debating about the whole DIY thing, go for it, but when you get a headache and wind up more into it than this kit, you will wish you had gotten the kit.

My only question, is why does he use stainless for the grill when the end result is powder coated? seems to me you could use carbon steel to shave the price, have it powder coated, than just use stainless bolts. If the grill was not powder coated, stainless definitely seems like the right choice, but since it is powder coated, and powder coating is definitely a strong finish, i just don't see the need for it to use expensive stainless steel as the base metal.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I love the grill, but it is spendy for my budget too. Great write up cody!

Seeing as everyone else is debating about the whole DIY thing, go for it, but when you get a headache and wind up more into it than this kit, you will wish you had gotten the kit.

My only question, is why does he use stainless for the grill when the end result is powder coated? seems to me you could use carbon steel to shave the price, have it powder coated, than just use stainless bolts. If the grill was not powder coated, stainless definitely seems like the right choice, but since it is powder coated, and powder coating is definitely a strong finish, i just don't see the need for it to use expensive stainless steel as the base metal.

Powdercoating is much tougher then paint so it holds up better then just paint over SS but it does still chip/crack which would result in rust quickly
Unlike a bumper, I think its a small price for stainless for a top notch product that will outlast much of the rest of the truck lol

On something so vulnerable to rock chips and road debris, I think its worth it for stainless.

Its been awhile since I've looked at their site, can you get them in a raw finish?

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Also stainless steel fasteners on a mild steel can cause premature corrosion

ROK-TEK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Thanks for the write up. The grill looks awesome on your truck.

Happ!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Seems simple enough. Thanks for the insight. Ive got the exact same truck.

Magnum5.9

Reaction score
Ram Year
01 ram 1500 4x4
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Like aother guy said, I LOVE it but the $399 price tag is up there... anyone know of another, more ecomical grille?

12v cummins jeff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
link

Do you have a link or something so I can get this kit. Thanks looks killer man good job

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963