01 Dodge Ram 1500 broke down:,(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vaderboyrj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318/5.2L
I was heading up a hill and put my foot down to give it more gas and had no response. I pulled over and found out that the engine had died. I just replaced alternator,distributer cap, plugs, plug wires, and starter in the last 2 months. When I try to turn the truck over it cranks but doesn't fire up. Is it the fuel pump, fuel filter, or something else? Any input is appreciated!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Core-Lokt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 ST
Engine
5.7L
That very well could be the fuel pump. Have someone turn they key to ON while you have your head by the gas tank. If it's getting power, you'll hear it run. IDK about a 2G fuel filter, but on my 3G, there is no external filter.

JUICEBOX

I don't read the script. The script reads me.
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
How steep was the hill? How much fuel in the tank? Im going with a fuel issue as well, great time to drop the tank and clean it out.

JaredRAM2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I would be curious about codes as well. A lot of things can cause crank/no start issues.

OP
OP
V

vaderboyrj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318/5.2L
Well it turned over this morning and we drove it back to my house just to have it stall out going down a hill. It's parked out front the house now. But the fact that it started and drove about 5mi kinda makes me think the fuel pump is ok and that it might be electrical? No lights on the dish are lit up. And I just filled it up the day before the problem so it's damn near full

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On my old 97 I had a failed fuel pump, it just quit on me! Good chance it's fuel pump! If it was electrical more likely than not, a fuse would have been blown and wouldn't have not turned back on. Fuel pumps can have an intermittent failure right before it takes a ****! Hence why they sometimes turn on while banging the tank

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

vaderboyrj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318/5.2L
I have fuel pressure. Pushed that valve on the fuel rail and it shot gas out. Still cranking and not starting. Would clogged fuel injectors do this?

OP
OP
V

vaderboyrj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318/5.2L
Got it started back up by pulling the wire in the ignition coil and plugging back in

dustin28

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was driving my 94 dodge ram 4x4 earlier down the highway at 65 and something broke felt like i was rear ended as it made my truck jump, truck will not go n e where engine runs fine. Thinking either tranni transfer case or rear end, 4 wheel drive hasnt worked for awhile. Any thoughts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mag V10,Mag V8
I was driving my 94 dodge ram 4x4 earlier down the highway at 65 and something broke felt like i was rear ended as it made my truck jump, truck will not go n e where engine runs fine. Thinking either tranni transfer case or rear end, 4 wheel drive hasnt worked for awhile. Any thoughts?Yes...guess you should start your OWN thread...OK?Might get responses then...LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Yes...guess you should start your OWN thread...OK?Might get responses then...LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio