03 & 04 dodge ram Hemi trans problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buterban95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey everyone I'm new to the forum hope I found the right spot to post for help, I have two dodge rams a 03 and a 04 both quad cab hemi's and I'm having transmission problems on both the same week. Looking for any valuable info before having them rebuilt or replaced. So I'll try to describe what happen to each.

2004 ram has about 140k miles felt like it started slipping a little every blue moon so I had the transmission fluid and both filters changed out and it felt better I made over a 200 mile trip on my way back it started slipping again and I tried giving a little gas and nothing it just revd up and won't go anywhere in any gear no overheating but I did get a check engine light. And when I pulled over too have a look it seemed as a ton of trans fluid blew out of my dip stick tube. Just wanna know if it is in fact toast now and a new trans is my best route or if it's something repairable.

Now my 2003 ram has about 170k miles didn't have any issues at all transmission wise. Started driving it more often now that my 04 is down and I was on my way to work and out of no where it felt like I hit something in the road and looked around didn't see anything it rolled up to a stop light and died. Then it fired right back up but didn't move in any gear also. Then I put it in park and it just rolls like it's in neutral. No over heating no check engine light nothing . Now I'm stumped any help would be appreciated

Both trucks still fire right and both had different issues leading up too not moving at all now

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
On your 04, the symptoms sound like a bad torque converter. Look into Monster transmission if you plan on replacing

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk