2003 2500 5.7 hemi open injector codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coydogchris

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Newbie here, been lurking around over the years and have found great answers to problems I have had in the past. I have a new problem that I can't figure out. My dodge starting misfiring like crazy at idle out of nowhere, rpms up and down, and will eventually die if not giving it throttle. Engine sounds fine when getting on the accelerator though. I haven't had much time to troubleshoot yet, but read the codes and it is throwing multiple injector circuits open, 5 of them I believe and the etc light is flashing. I checked one of the injectors in the short amount of time I had and it was getting no pulse, #2 if I remember correctly. Anyhow tb is clean, battery is good and plugs and wires have 5k on them. What could this be? Seems like it would be electrical to me but have read some strange symptoms of a broken valve spring causing these codes??? I really just don't know where to start, should I start with the meter or valve covers? Thanks in advance!