2008 big horn need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

anav

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello to all and thank you for your time. I have a 2008 big horn 4.7 2 wd. Sometimes I will shut the truck off and when I try to start it again it doesn't turn over it is dead. I have to take the negative and positive cable off the battery and hold them together for a few seconds then put them back on the battery and the truck will start and run fine for a week or sometimes a couple of months. Then it happens again? I have no information on why this happens, can someone explain why this happens and what I can do to fix the problem? I have been told that I am resetting the computer when I do this? The truck is in great shape other than this issue.
I have replaced both the battery terminals but that did nothing, it happened a week later. Also the last time this happened I took the negative off the battery put it back on and it started right up? Is there something wrong with the neg. cable?

Thanks for any and all advice

OP
OP
A

anav

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
come on guys, I know someone out there has a suggestion?