2011 5.7 100k tune up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Egor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well it's that time my hemi has reached 100,000 miles I need to do a tuneup I'm aware of a couple of little things but I just want to get everyone's opinion on what I should replace repair upgrade just a general tune up so lay it all on me guys!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
the maintenance schedule will tell you what should be done at a minimum.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
PCV
Air filter
Spark plugs
Coolant
ALL OILS / FLUIDS -REPLACE
Tire rotation
Brake pads

And anything else due per the owners manual maintenance list

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
E

Egor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok I'm about due for oil change and I think I'm going to switch to royal purple ( I already run full synthetic) and a royal purple oil filter does anyone have that royal purple number?

I never got a Catch can so I was going to buy one of them what brand should I buy is the install terrible and should I do any cleaning out from not having one or is that not possible .

The PCV I am unfamiliar with this how is that replacement and what is the part number.

I'm going to get all fluid flushed

I was going to buy NGK platinum plugs whatcha think?

I was going to get a s&B cai ? Or something better??

Should I consider a new throttlebody

Tires & pads gimmy

And I run 35x12.5x18's and a camper
Eight times throughout the year and occasionally a tractor on the trailer
Primarily my commuter is it worth re-gearing ?

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok I'm about due for oil change and I think I'm going to switch to royal purple ( I already run full synthetic) and a royal purple oil filter does anyone have that royal purple number?

I never got a Catch can so I was going to buy one of them what brand should I buy is the install terrible and should I do any cleaning out from not having one or is that not possible .

The PCV I am unfamiliar with this how is that replacement and what is the part number.

Tires & pads gimmy

Billet Technologies seems to be the consensus on catch cans. I ordered one like 3 weeks ago and haven't gotten it yet. They manufacture when its ordered so they have a wait time. I think you buy it directly through Moe's or somewhere I'd assume you get it faster. But BT was having a 30% off sale so I went through them

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
save your money and get the stock copper champion plugs

OP
OP
E

Egor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You think it won't matter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
nope. Someone else can chime in and correct me if I'm wrong, but over the years it has been stated that the hemi works best with the stock copper plugs unless you have big motor mods

OP
OP
E

Egor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok will do does anyone else have thoughts on the rest of the upgrades

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine

Tires & pads gimmy

Royal Purple oil has no Molly, there are a lot of things that make a great oil and Molly is one of them in my opinion. There are much better full synthetic oils on the market, Redline, Amsoil, Shaffer, Penzoil Ultra Performance all are top of the line with good Molly numbers. The Royal Purple oil filter is hands down the best, part number 20-820. If you ask the people at the parts store they will tell you a different number and the oil filer is really small. Made for later models with electric power steering.
The platinum NGK plugs are for newer model trucks with different coil packs, don't use them. Run the copper 30k plugs.
The Catch can is always a good investment, never to late. I went with Billet Technologies. Very easy 15 minutes to install.
No need for a new throttle body, I would pull it off a clean it when you add your CAI. S&B is well made but it's all personnel preference.
PVC, definitely pop in a new one.
Flush all the fluids, definitely. Changing the tranny fluid is messy but not to bad, I went and got a kiddy pool from Wal-Mart and let the fluid drain out, the pool kept the fluid from draining all over. It's worth it trust me.
Deeper gears is hands down one of my favorites, you in a 4x4 or 2x4?

OP
OP
E

Egor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Royal Purple oil has no Molly, there are a lot of things that make a great oil and Molly is one of them in my opinion. There are much better full synthetic oils on the market, Redline, Amsoil, Shaffer, Penzoil Ultra Performance all are top of the line with good Molly numbers. The Royal Purple oil filter is hands down the best, part number 20-820. If you ask the people at the parts store they will tell you a different number and the oil filer is really small. Made for later models with electric power steering.

The platinum NGK plugs are for newer model trucks with different coil packs, don't use them. Run the copper 30k plugs.

The Catch can is always a good investment, never to late. I went with Billet Technologies. Very easy 15 minutes to install.

No need for a new throttle body, I would pull it off a clean it when you add your CAI. S&B is well made but it's all personnel preference.

PVC, definitely pop in a new one.

Flush all the fluids, definitely. Changing the tranny fluid is messy but not to bad, I went and got a kiddy pool from Wal-Mart and let the fluid drain out, the pool kept the fluid from draining all over. It's worth it trust me.

Deeper gears is hands down one of my favorites, you in a 4x4 or 2x4?

I'm a 4X4 I wanted to know if gearing would help with my towing of the camper and help with a little bit of the delay slow start because of the 35" tires

And what is the PCV and part number