2014 1500 Laramie Touch Panel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

armytim114

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all,
I own a 2014 Laramie 1500 and I just so happen to be a techie with a bit of equipment. I program Audio/Visual hardware for corporate entities and I am thinking of modifying the touch panel display on my truck. I have seen videos of my truck containing a DVD player displaying on this screen, which I don't have, but I am wanting to replace this with a PC or something of the sorts. Has anybody created a custom GUI or has this been done before? I am willing to give this a shot, and please don't waste your breath talking about voiding warranty etc. I want to find out if this has been done. If not, I will post videos of how I did it when I figure it out :)

Cheers

Ryan1126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
you mean like putting in a car PC or IPAD, tablet, etc...? could be a bit tricky, newer cars rely on the headunit a lot for certain things, hill assist, continuous power, safety options, etc... thats why i prefer to keep an oem unit and did the 8.4 upgrade instead of doing a DD with nav.

and yes its been done, there are companies that make kits to use an ipad as a headunit.