2015 2500 6.4 coolant/oil temps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nhus1979

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2015 2500 6.4 w 61k. I have issues with low coolant and oil temps. On cold mornings (20 or lower) my coolant WMPD would reach 190 or so, and then it would drop off to about 150 along with the oil temp dropping off from 165 down to about 125. This would then religiously trigger my ETC light to come on and the the coolant temp gauge would blank out, and the oil temp would sit at 125 and the truck would throw no heat in the cab.

First dealer I brought it to could not replicate the issue so they just cleared the codes and it was fine for about a week.

Once the issue reappeared, brought the truck into anther dealer with the ETC light on, and they changed the coolant temp sensor, and things were fine for another week.

Now I seem to be having the same low coolant/oil temp issue with no heat in the cab, especially on the highway. Coolant 150 oil 130 but no more ETC light coming on. Seems like it comes out of it slowly with idling/city driving. The photo is what the fluid temps stabilized at on the highway this morning after driving about 45 minutes.

Getting sick of paying the $100 diagnostic fee at the dealer only to have the issue remain. Anyone have this issue or any thoughts on what's going on here?

Much appreciated.

Matt

Attachments

• IMG_0570.jpg
    IMG_0570.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 59

yoda

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Sounds like your thermostat is sticking open at times.