2016 Ram 1500 Laramie Leveling?;

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAMBEAUX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6cy
Hi folks..first post here!....Have a new one ordered in 2 tone White over Silver ..Quad cab..2wd...
The first thing after tinting is I must have it level! So thr question is....Do I lower rear 2 or 3"? vrs. raising front 2"?? I am thinking dropping rear at this point because I drive 200 miles a day and don't want to hurt the nice ride,esp.on these New Orleans rough streets !..seems to me raising the front may hurt the ride but this is why I ask....
Next..a Fatter tire I am considering without going too crazy as the gas Mpg is Important due to the miles I drive..Same 20" factory wheels with 305/50 at 32.2" tall OR the 305/55 at 33.2 tall? (the stock 275/60 is 32.9 tall)
Thanks fellow "Ramians".....

CF_Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Just curious why you want to level the truck if you're concerned about mileage? The trucks are more down to make them more slippery.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just curious why you want to level the truck if you're concerned about mileage? The trucks are more down to make them more slippery.

This. The rake of the truck serves more than on purpose. The aerodynamics are designed and when you level it it throws them off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
1500? 2500? Gas? Diesel?

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This. The rake of the truck serves more than on purpose. The aerodynamics are designed and when you level it it throws them off

Can you add some specific details??
Rake is more or less a handleing issue if im not mistaken..

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can you add some specific details??

Rake is more or less a handleing issue if im not mistaken..

They are designed to maximize aerodynamics to maximize fuel economy. It's everything from the way air moves under the front bumper and how air moves around the wheel openings. They try to minimize drag. Whenever you raise the front end it will alter these things. In most cases just adding a leveling kit alone will lower fuel economy.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
am3334