Add on warranty. .should i?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

socalledchad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bought my 2013 5.7 ram 3 weeks ago. 39k miles was a lease...not my lease...carfax was good...one thing it said was transmission overhaul at 20k...not sure what that is but...

I'm looking for advice on a warranty I got on it...I have about 8 more days to cancel and I'm aiming towards that but I don't know...

First off....I'm up to 41k miles and normally I'll do 14 to 16 k a year....pulling a 2500 pound enclosed 6x12 trailer at least 60% of the time....I treat my truck nice..but once in a while Ill open it up...it won't see a 2 track before said warranty would expire..and oil changes with full synthetic valveoli e will be done every 4-7 miles

The warranty I got is exclusionary coverage, ..basically covers all no wear items for 3 years or 30k....but...the cost is 3000 dollars which seems hi from reading around.....I guess I'm just looking for opinions on should I go through with it...my thought is really....how much **** could go wrong in the next 27k miles to justify a 3 k$ warranty...100.00 deductible at any dealer or no deductible from the dealer I got it from........sorry so long ...any opinions would be appreciated. ..thanks

OP
OP
S

socalledchad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I change my oil at every other stop light haha ...4-7 thousand miles

miraj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Posting to checkout opinions
Am having the question

Does it start falling apart after the 100k km ?

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

RodRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Dealer sold me same type warranty but when i got home and read the fine print there was a ton of things they said it covered that the paperwork didnt say, got my money back besides yours is still under factory watranty isnt it? Save your 3k

Jimmy68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L Magnum
Save the money. I bought it. Never used it. Only thing that went wrong on my 07 Ram 3500 was covered under factory warranty.

RocketFoot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With the cost of vehicle components today...I personally like having an extended warranty.

Check this place out for best price, genuine Chrysler warranty plans!

Mopar Vehicle Protection Plans | Chrysler Factory Plans

A lot of times, one 8.4" screen replacement costs as much as the extended warranty. It's all up to you in the end but that's my opinion.

Here is a screen shot of options for my 2013 with 26K miles. Keep in mind, a 7 year term starts at the truck's build date so it would basically give you coverage until 2020. Lifetime is a nice option if you have the extra scratch layin around!!

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_71 Apr. 09 11.11.jpg
    ScreenHunter_71 Apr. 09 11.11.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

Ronan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 13 as well, haven't had any issues with the exception of the tranny. That was replaced at 30k. I am however VERY hard on my truck , that being said , the tranny is a weak spot on these trucks if they are driven hard. Most people don't know about NOT downshifting at WOT from above fourth gear. Any way, warranty probably wouldn't be bad to have if you are not modding your truck. I would look into the cheaper ones that are suggested here^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

socalledchad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the input Guys I am going to look into some of these. Went up to the dealership today to cancel...guessing it would be an all day thing and they would argue with me some.....but I was in and out with a signed cancellation form in about 15 minutes!!!!

big_red06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Bighorn
Engine
hemi 5.7
I plan on keeping this truck for at least 6 more years and i drive it a lot .when i bought this truck it was a certified pre owned vehicle so FCA offered me the lifetime MAX care for 24 months O% interest so i jumped on it . the truck had 14k on it when i bought it last july I now have just shy of 40k and it hasn't even been a year . it was worth the extra cost to me to at least get me to the end of my car note with full coverage as I will be well beyond 100k power train by then