anyone use nitrile gloves, how do you keep clean

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just spend a couple hours cleaning whatever you are going to work on before you start. Then you don't need gloves.

I use the blue gloves when I clay bar / wax the truck. I must be allergic to the carnuba or something, but my hands turn red and get real itchy. Totally worth it though. My truck deserves the best!

fsharp1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Not stupid at all, I work in an office so clean hands are a must, I've only used the blue ones and they rip really easy.. I have the same question as you!!!

amenges

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Those blue gloves are junk. I work in EMS and the best gloves are by far are Microflex MidKnight Black gloves. They are thick, but not to the point where you can't hold on to anything or have trouble picking something up. The thickest gloves we ever used were Microflex Diamond Grips and I wasn't a fan. They are thick but your hands get super sweaty. You can get the diamond grips at like Autozone or Advanced. I don't know where you can get MidKnights. I just "borrow" boxes from work :) I'm sure Amazon has them though.

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Those blue gloves are junk. I work in EMS and the best gloves are by far are Microflex MidKnight Black gloves. They are thick, but not to the point where you can't hold on to anything or have trouble picking something up. The thickest gloves we ever used were Microflex Diamond Grips and I wasn't a fan. They are thick but your hands get super sweaty. You can get the diamond grips at like Autozone or Advanced. I don't know where you can get MidKnights. I just "borrow" boxes from work :) I'm sure Amazon has them though.

Never tried the dimond ones but i either use the midknight ones i get at work as well pr my favorite ones are maxiflex gloves which i also get at work not so good with oil like the mid knights but work great with everything else

cHemi05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First post on this forum! lol to the OP I hate wearing gloves if I can at all avoid it... but there are times when even I throw on a pair of gloves. I work on our family farm and when I am changing oil or greasing equipment or dealing with chemicals and pesticides, its a no brainer for even me to put on gloves. I can't stand the smell of gear lube or grease on my hands as well as the under nail staining and grubby hands look that cannot be avoided even with scrubbing from any hand cleaner. The blue nitrile gloves are crap like all have said, I either use the Thickster gloves which are really durable and great for stuff like oil changes and other jobs like that but cut down on the "touch" feeling when working on intricate parts, so for those kinds of jobs I like the black gloves. I have had good luck with Black Mamba brand gloves. Both these gloves will make your hands sweat when worn for any amount of time tho, and then there are some jobs when you just have to get your hands dirty and clean up afterwards! haha

mct601

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I work in EMS as well and I just use the nitrile or latex from work. Microflex has been the best in my opinion, but I am not a fan of the nitrile because it doesn't fit as snug as the latex and gets caught on seems like everything. We have both at work and unless the pt has a latex allergy, I always use them. but personally if I need gloves at home, I am happy with the average pair. I use them while cleaning guns, etc.

twooldfarmers

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I use the heavy black ones from Harbor Frieght as they are tougher for sure and more resistant to laquer thinner, acetone and varsol and such

Pigeonman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use the blue nitrile for day to day stuff but they do rip easy. Purple nitrile for heavier stuff and biohazard work....

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Resurrected thread, but still good info. I have to use the green or purple 4mil nitriles for work since I work with some pretty nasty stuff and they're all we're allowed to wear under the aggressive chemical gloves, but when I'm home it's the 5mil black nitrile gloves with extra long cuffs. Yeah, your hands sweat a whole lot more but I will use the same set of gloves for hours before they tear and my wife doesn't complain about the dirt/grease under my nails which is worth its weight in gold when we go out to good restaurants.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I use the "Raven" gloves. Thick black gloves, they are hard to tear.
I use them for waxing / polishing so I don't get a bunch of my oil into / onto anything.

chris*1989

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any of the thick ones made for mechanics work great. The regular nitrile ones you can find at Walmart or wherever just don't cut it for working on cars.