Bds and why there "no fine print warranty" is b/s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Davy120

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is the headache my buddy is dealing witb right now. I will never again recommend them this is ******** for such a easy fix.

Why bds' warranty is BS!

Well after my recent experiences with BDS it is safe to say I will never buy one of their products again. Besides the fact that their overpriced and provide a smaller lift then any other 6" lift for our rams out there, the customer service is beyond excusable.

Ive spent the last month trying to talk with BDS about a wrong part they sent me with my lift kit. It is a some what odd situation as I bought the lift in Canada, had it sent to my friends in the states, and then installed it down there.

They sent me the wrong size coil in my lift kit, since i ordered a 5" coil for the rear and received a 3" coil obviously its going to rattle around since its to small, and it could even fall out under the right situation.

I called BDS probably a month ago, they answered right away and asked me to take some measurements of the coils and to determine that they were actually incorrect. Well that very same day I called back leaving a message and asking for him to call me back... 3 days later still nothing, okay ill call back maybe he didnt get the message... left another one... 4 days later I call back and get him on the phone finally and all he says is "Sorry I was off yesterday so I'm playing catch up" Yes but I called you a week ago... but what ever I let that one go. So he went on to tell me that basically I was SOL because i have no way to prove what i ordered and that the product was incorrect (Hmm i guess being able to pull the coil out by hand when the trucks jacked up doesnt count for anything)*

I then got in contact with the company I ordered it from Chux trux. They were awesome he called BDS and I sent him pictures of the install and measurements and everything and he passed it on to BDS. After waiting another week BDS finally got back to Chux and said that I would be able to get replacement coils! AWESOME. but wait...

I was contacted by another person at BDS giving me a distributor in Alberta. Their distributor was 5 hours away from me. I called up the distributor gave them my situation and what was happening how BDS said i would get a replacement coil, gave them the persons name i was dealing with and so on. 5 days later i was still waiting on a call...

So fed up i called again today, talked to them and they said yep so we know the situation and youre going to have to pay freight from BDS to us with the coil. the from us to you, then you will have to pay freight from you to us on your old coils and then us to BDS on them as well. So your going to pay more in the end sorry bud.

Well looks like i no longer get any warranty from BDS on anything because i have to pay 4x the shipping on everything.

So to any of you DIYers that dont want to pay 1500 bucks to have someone install a lift for you, your SOL because now you wont get warranty on anything. Sorry for the novel but I'm extremely annoyed that i spent the extra money for a "top of the line" BDS product with "No fine print warranty" and then get screwed out of any warranty.

Dont buy a BDS product and install it yourself thinking that you will get any type of warranty without having to pay more in shipping then the part is worth

Camo Ram

lone12star

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn that sucks man, but thanks for letting us know how the customer service could be if we went with them

Sent from the MOPAR Gods!

Ramguy65

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Crazy how a big company like BDS won't even pay the shipping for a couple of coils to Canada. This says a lot about the company. Obviously not concerned with their customer service. Not impressed at all.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Hopefully he gets it figured out
Haven't seen him around here in a few weeks, last time was when he got all his stuff powder coated

Ramguy65

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
By the sounds of it BDS has washed their hands of this. Not doing anything for their f up. Sure they offered to replace the coil but he would have to pay a lot more than what it is worth just in shipping so he can get it.

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hopefully he gets it figured out
Haven't seen him around here in a few weeks, last time was when he got all his stuff powder coated

I'm always kicking around here man! Just not commenting very often haha. I actually posted this on my own thread here already but another couldn't hurt haha :p

I doubt bds will do anything so I'm giving up hope On warranty. Both my shocks are rusted an pitted now and oone is leaking.. This is after 8 months and you bet I won't be getting warranty on those either. .

xtr3me

Reaction score
Ram Year
08 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is the headache my buddy is dealing witb right now. I will never again recommend them this is ******** for such a easy fix.

Why bds' warranty is BS!

Well after my recent experiences with BDS it is safe to say I will never buy one of their products again. Besides the fact that their overpriced and provide a smaller lift then any other 6" lift for our rams out there, the customer service is beyond excusable.

Ive spent the last month trying to talk with BDS about a wrong part they sent me with my lift kit. It is a some what odd situation as I bought the lift in Canada, had it sent to my friends in the states, and then installed it down there.

They sent me the wrong size coil in my lift kit, since i ordered a 5" coil for the rear and received a 3" coil obviously its going to rattle around since its to small, and it could even fall out under the right situation.

I called BDS probably a month ago, they answered right away and asked me to take some measurements of the coils and to determine that they were actually incorrect. Well that very same day I called back leaving a message and asking for him to call me back... 3 days later still nothing, okay ill call back maybe he didnt get the message... left another one... 4 days later I call back and get him on the phone finally and all he says is "Sorry I was off yesterday so I'm playing catch up" Yes but I called you a week ago... but what ever I let that one go. So he went on to tell me that basically I was SOL because i have no way to prove what i ordered and that the product was incorrect (Hmm i guess being able to pull the coil out by hand when the trucks jacked up doesnt count for anything)*

I then got in contact with the company I ordered it from Chux trux. They were awesome he called BDS and I sent him pictures of the install and measurements and everything and he passed it on to BDS. After waiting another week BDS finally got back to Chux and said that I would be able to get replacement coils! AWESOME. but wait...

I was contacted by another person at BDS giving me a distributor in Alberta. Their distributor was 5 hours away from me. I called up the distributor gave them my situation and what was happening how BDS said i would get a replacement coil, gave them the persons name i was dealing with and so on. 5 days later i was still waiting on a call...

So fed up i called again today, talked to them and they said yep so we know the situation and youre going to have to pay freight from BDS to us with the coil. the from us to you, then you will have to pay freight from you to us on your old coils and then us to BDS on them as well. So your going to pay more in the end sorry bud.

Well looks like i no longer get any warranty from BDS on anything because i have to pay 4x the shipping on everything.

So to any of you DIYers that dont want to pay 1500 bucks to have someone install a lift for you, your SOL because now you wont get warranty on anything. Sorry for the novel but I'm extremely annoyed that i spent the extra money for a "top of the line" BDS product with "No fine print warranty" and then get screwed out of any warranty.

Dont buy a BDS product and install it yourself thinking that you will get any type of warranty without having to pay more in shipping then the part is worth

Camo Ram

Man, I'll never ship anything to Canada again... Air mail robbery !
From what you say, I agree BDS customer service sucks but in reality it sounds like Chux Trux actually dropped the ball on this one ... being you ordered directly from them, they should've followed through and made it right with you. Chux Trux should be paying shipping fees...

If the friend is in the states, why don't you have BDS ship directly to him from a distributor in the USA and have Chux Trux eat the cost, least they can do..

I'm always kicking around here man! Just not commenting very often haha. I actually posted this on my own thread here already but another couldn't hurt haha :p

I doubt bds will do anything so I'm giving up hope On warranty. Both my shocks are rusted an pitted now and oone is leaking.. This is after 8 months and you bet I won't be getting warranty on those either. .

Interesting, that sucks for you....
I would say sand, prime and paint them color of choice but in that time frame you shouldn't be having too..

I installed my BDS 6" lift on my truck back in 08 and have not had any problems with any of the components, including front and rear shocks. Three years of ownership has been in Colorado snow and the remainder Coastal Ga and its salt water and sand

Let us know if they honor warranty