Bought an Audi for 200$. Parting it out, whats worth money?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Explit Player

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought a 2002 Audi A4 Quattro V6. The kid who owned it previously blew the motor up, and is 'different' enough that he sold it to me for $200. So to get the money's worth out of this thing, what can I sell out of it that is worth the most money? I know that the catalytic converters are worth a decent amount, but other than that what parts usually are in high demand on eBay? What internal parts should I dig out of the engine bay, suspension, and computer systems that are worth alot??

Not speaking of just A4's but what parts generally out of all vehicles similar are worth the trouble? I plan to probably scrap it at the end

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How are the seats? Pull the gauge cluster, digital climate control, cd changer if it has one.

Z-Rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Above mentioned items as well as under hood power/fuse block, wiring harness, ABS module.

Inside wiring harness, console pieces, shift assembly, and on and on.

Just depends on how much time you want to invest in disassembly and listing it for sale. You could literally sell every single piece online if you want to invest the time. I would be willing to bet you could sell the engine for your investment as long as the block/heads are not terminally damaged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigSloth

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 CCSB Black Express
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wiring harnesses themselves are not worth the time spent to remove them without damaging them, imo. They're not super valuable.

However, the things they're connected to can be. ECM/TCM BCM, ABS unit, window motors and regulators, door lock actuators, consoles and trim pieces

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Put it on craigslist and remove parts as they sell. Scrap whats left in a month or so.

ohiogrown

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 CCSB, 2011 ccsb, 2012 5500, 2016 5500, 2017 ccsb wxpress
Engine
4.7, 4.7, 6.7, 6.7, 5.7
Wiring harnesses themselves are not worth the time spent to remove them without damaging them, imo. They're not super valuable.

However, the things they're connected to can be. ECM/TCM BCM, ABS unit, window motors and regulators, door lock actuators, consoles and trim pieces

Ordered an abs pigtail for an f150 from Ford the other day, 2 pin connector with 7" of wire, $45. Don't underestimate the value of electrical connectors.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
My suggestion would be to list just about anything and everything that is in working order on ebay with a price that is worth pulling it and pull what sales scrap the rest like previous stated. Big money items are Trans, axle, computer with engine/Trans harness engine accessories radiator ac compressor ect.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You would be surprised what us Audi owners will by. Especially on older cars. I have bought little things like an led light that is behind the dash cup holder (on my years it is a card holder, on older it is a cup holder). The older they get, the more the average person can afford them, so we look for cheap parts to get them back running like new.

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Airbags are usually worth decent money, just be careful removing. Disconnect battery.

chopped54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anything that could be damaged in an accident easily replaced. Fenders, lights, bumper covers. They will sell quickly to people that had a small accident and do not want to pay a repair shop to fix.

Bombdigitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Leather interior? Someone might want to upgrade from Cloth?