Bought a welder yesterday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ram lady

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 2500
Engine
5.7 hemi
I bought a welder yesterday out of an auction,a Miller Syncrowave 210.It is a tig and know the history.The owner bought it new 2 years ago and took care of it very well.He retired,owned a fabrication shop.I was looking for a good one,was told stay away from the cheap brands and go with Miller or Lincoln Electric.Always took my aluminum welding to a friend of mine and learned from him a few weeks ago finally even with lots of practice with scrap pieces.Good at it now and happy with it.Paid a grand for it and was just over $2,000.00 brand new.I even got everything with it even the consumables.This friend of mine,he said I did good on the price.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Once you get comfortable with it, you can make good side money from a quality welder. There are always guys who need trailers, bike frames, and the such welded up or repaired.

OP
OP
R

ram lady

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 2500
Engine
5.7 hemi
My cheap mom too,already asked me to weld the handle back on one her pans which is aluminum.I wanted something that I wanted to get parts for easily too.Knowing the history how it was used and how well taken care of sold me on this one.I looked at another one,it was well abused and beaten up from the back of a truck,It was an older Miller.

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
a good welder is one of those things you never realized you needed until you actually get one. If your Miller is in like new condition you got a killer deal! I learned on oxy/acetylene years ago. since then due to necessity moved to MIG. But a TIG is on my list of wants. enjoy your new toy, er, tool!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therapywolf