Bully dog tuner - Key fob stuck in ignition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hghk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.7
Installed a bully dog tuner on my 2013 6.7L .. everything went fairly smooth until the end when I shut the truck off. The key fob will not go into the OFF position. It only goes as far as ACC. The battery is also NOT dead either .. HELP

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have you tried moving the gear selecter to see if that would help. Move it from park to drive and back to park and see if it will let you turn it all the way off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GzNutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Is the steering wheel locked? Pull the wheel left or right and jiggle the key.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
mine just started doing it too . Disconnected battery and it turned very hard to the off position to remove it . I tried Kroil in the ignition switch through key hole. Did it again first thing this morning . For sh!ts & giggles I changed the key fob battery and it has not done it since which has not been long enough to say that it cured it .

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Getting ready to possibly trade the truck in today and now its doing it again. I have a second fob/key and it works the same . I can force the key to come out but the internal part that acts like a cover dont come back up to do its job I guess because the switch is not completely in the off position . that ignition switch is all electrical so maybe something in the colum is not telling it that its in park . going to take the column apart and see if maybe their is a switch out of adjustment ?

Krein

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I to have had the problem but it if i turn it back to the on postion " before turning the truck over" and then go to turn off the ignition it works fine. Seems to me if I pause for a second or 2 while turning it off it locks itself.