A/C not blowing hard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keith.claus

Reaction score
I pulled the dash and climate box, replaced my dirty evaporator coil. Cut out the template and installed cabin air filter. That helped a lot but the airflow still is not as good as my 2015 truck. This is my 2014 2500 diesel. Anyone have any suggestions? I have also replaced the blower motor resistor. Still does not blow very hard. Need help please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have you checked the duct work to make sure it's free and not obstructed

OP
OP
keith.claus

keith.claus

Reaction score
When I had the dash off everything looked fine.

Warwagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
Okay

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did the new blower motor resistor change airflow at all?

You might look at LMC truck, I noticed in one of my magazines that they sell a heavy duty resistor that's sposed to blow more air. I've been thinking about trying one myself, just never got around to it yet.

OP
OP
keith.claus

keith.claus

Reaction score
No. It didn't help at all. The old one was rusted up pretty bad. My 2015 Ram 5500 blows real hard. When I have time I'm going to see if both the blower motors are the same and switch them to see what happens.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Could have a dyin blower fan maybe? Kinda odd for a 3 year old truck but, parts can fail at any time. That's the only other thing I can think of. If your evaporator is new and clear of obstruction, have a brand new fan resistor and no breaks or separations in your duct work, that's the only other part.

One other thing, does the airflow come out the appropriate vents for whatever setting? In other words, you don't have air blowing from the defrost vents when it's only sposed to come straight out the dash vents?

OP
OP
keith.claus

keith.claus

Reaction score
I agree. It could be the motor. No, all the air is distributed where it's supposed to be. Thanks for your input. It's nice to hear what others think.