cold air intake and throttle body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ram man34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
Hey guys,
I'm really looking for some input on cold air intakes and throttle body. I'm going to do a cold air intake system, I would just like to get some input on what you guys are running and if you love or hate the system that you have. With so many different styles and manufacturers out there, it's hard to tell which one to go with, they all came to be the best. I figured why not ask the guys that are already running "x" brand and what's working the best? The cost isn't necessarily an issue, I've been saving my pennies for a while for these upgrades. I just want to do this once and be happy with it. I also use my truck in some pretty sandy places at times in order to get to my hunting camp. I don't know if I should go with a more closed in system or an open system due to that. I would also like some input on a throttle body. Should I get it ported and polished or buy an after market one. Thanks for the input everyone.

2004 ram 2500 4x4
Quad cab
5.7l Hemi
2" leveling kit
325/60/18 nitto grappler
Magnaflow exhaust system
Diablosport trinity t-1000 tuner

Bakaehler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did the vararam intake with the moes performance 87mm throttle body and have been very happy with my decision.