Coolant leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pacificrefugee23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Hey guys. I'm new to this. I bought my '01 4x4 1500 with a 5.9 Magnum last year in November. When i bought it, it had coolant dripping from behind the glovebox. So I got some stop leak for it and the dripping stopped. Back in March I took it in for a tune up and got a new distributor cap, spark plugs, and wires. Truck was at about 165000 miles. After that I heard this hissing noise Everytime I accelerate. Checked it this morning and couldn't find any leaks in the vacuum lines. Had a thought to check my radiator fluid level and opened it and it was bone dry. Took over half a container of coolant. Could these issued be related? There's no drips anywhere. Could the hissing noise be coolant evaporating from a line somewhere?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The heater core might be leaking and going out the drain tube in the firewall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
P

pacificrefugee23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Would that leak cause the hissing noise? When it's pretty hot here in socal I can feel the truck is sluggish

sent from an android