Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums > Dodge Ram General Forum > Garage

Garage

Cv shaft install trouble

This is a discussion on Cv shaft install trouble within the Garage forums, part of the Dodge Ram General Forum category!
Hey guys, I'm having trouble getting the cv shaft back on the passenger side. the old c lip was toast ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2016, 09:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2007
Engine: 5.7
Default Cv shaft install trouble
Hey guys, I'm having trouble getting the cv shaft back on the passenger side. the old c lip was toast so I went to the dealer and picked up a new one but it won't budge I tried putting a c clamp on the housing and beating it but no luck. It almost seems like the clip is to thick but the dealer said it's the right one I also tried a beating the boot side with a block of wood but my dumb ass ripped the boot lesson learned lol so now I need a new boot. Is there any trick to get it on it fits fine all the way to the back without the clip I don't get it thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad
Register to remove this ad.
toolanddiemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 09:43 AM   #2 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2013
Engine: Hemi 5.7
If you can put a bit of grease around the oring it will help, grease the oring and then centre it on the shaft, the grease olds it in place. from there just align the shaft in the front diff and give it a firm shove

2013 Ram 1500 crew cab sport 4x4, 2/4 Mcgaughys deluxe drop kit, ported edelbrock supercharged at 12psi, comp 274 cam, custom exhaust, afe intake, hand ported and polished throttle body, HD swap, fast enough to get in trouble and slow enough to want more
Bigdaddycodes is offline   Reply With Quote