EGR induced insanity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThatRonGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 4.7
For a few days I have been reading about a problem my 2003 Durango 4.7 Magnum had been having. Seems to be fairly common. The motor idles up and down and it dies occasionally at stops and backing up. Most of what I have read says deal with the EGR valve. Awesome.

Then I read about a million (maybe less) posts asking for help finding the valve. I have liked at diagrams, photos and really good descriptions. And of course, can't find it.

Now I have read that some of these don't have one at all. Anyone know if my model of Durango does or does not have one?

And if not what else the problem might be?

Nothing shows up when they run the codes. A "real" mechanic checked it out and couldn't figure out what was wrong either.

It isn't a long trip to drive me insane and right now I am thinking this thing would make a good campfire.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thought EGR on the 4.7 was in the back?

perthram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
If you have one you should be able to follow the input to the inlet manifold back to its source.
Whoever though it was a good idea to feed polluted exhaust gas back into needs rooting.