Frog in my fuel tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MR.C2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.6
Does anyone know if a 2014 Ram has a screen in the fuel filler neck to prevent siphoning? I was fueling my truck yesterday and a frog that was hiding behind my door fell down my fuel filler tube. It does not have the little trap door that prevents stuff from falling in so I assume there is a screen blocking access to the tank.

derekp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1990 5.9 Cummins
Wow. Never heard of that happening. Hopefully there is a screen.

Jimmy68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L Magnum
Does anyone know if a 2014 Ram has a screen in the fuel filler neck to prevent siphoning? I was fueling my truck yesterday and a frog that was hiding behind my door fell down my fuel filler tube. It does not have the little trap door that prevents stuff from falling in so I assume there is a screen blocking access to the tank.

Awesome :roflsquared: :roflsquared: :roflsquared: :roflsquared:

kml9491

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What a freak accident lmao.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
There's no screen, but the frog IS in the fill tube. The fill tube has a one way "lightly" spring loaded valve, the spring is light enough to let the fuel push it open to enter the tank, but enough load to close. A frog... I have to say this is a first for me as well. You might be able to pull the fill line off tank and blow some air down to see if he comes out, I can't imagine that he went very far.

monteholic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
the phrase "I got a frog in my throat" come to mind :lol:

OP
OP
M

MR.C2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.6
SilverStreak88 and everyone else, Thanks for your replies. Most of them had me laughing. I think I might have forced him into my tank. He fell in right before I was about to fuel up. I knew I should not have put fuel in after him but I was on empty and miles from home. I only put in 5 gallons and planned to drop the tank later. What are the chances that he is still in the tube? I put a wire hanger with a 1 inch 90 degree bend in it to see if there was a screen. It would only go in maybe 24 inches. when I straighten it out it would go further. I've heard that there is a screen on the fuel pump that will catch big stuff is that true?

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
I believe there are two filters in the tank. I thought my story of pistachio peanut shells in the tank of my 67 Cuda was odd. Not even close.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
SilverStreak88 and everyone else, Thanks for your replies. Most of them had me laughing. I think I might have forced him into my tank. He fell in right before I was about to fuel up. I knew I should not have put fuel in after him but I was on empty and miles from home. I only put in 5 gallons and planned to drop the tank later. What are the chances that he is still in the tube? I put a wire hanger with a 1 inch 90 degree bend in it to see if there was a screen. It would only go in maybe 24 inches. when I straighten it out it would go further. I've heard that there is a screen on the fuel pump that will catch big stuff is that true?

There's a particle filter that sits on the bottom if the tank for sucking the fuel up. I just looked and the fuel pumps are different in character from 3rd to 4th gen, but do the same (obviously). When you put the hanger in with the hook it was more than likely hitting the one way valve, when you straightened it out you were pushing it open and going in the tank. I would have advised against sticking anything in there cause now his guts are possibly in the tank contaminating the fuel. He's likely in the fill hose, it's easiest to just pull the hose off the tank and filler neck and check filler neck, hose and tank fill port.

fredansandy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Believe it or not, it has happened before....Frog in Fuel Tank

It must have been a small frog. I would guess that it will not last long in the tank as gasoline is a wonderful solvent. Like stated in the above link, if a part would happen to make it past all of the filters, pumps, etc... it could clog up an injector. If that happens, you could take it in and tell the service tech that you have a frog in your injector. I'll bet they have not heard that one before.

That said, I would probably opt to drop the tank and get it out of there.

You just can't make this stuff up!

aheeejd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
This could be the start of a whole new series, Adolescent Mutant Gasoline Drinking Frogs, twentieth century fox music, come on now, you can picture it lol

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

Smurfkiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
gotta be good for at least a extra 15 hp

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Maybe it's covered by warranty??????? :naughty:
Jay

jettajam1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2019
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just saw this post and really enjoyed it.

I bet with a high frogtane level, that truck will just hop off the line.

Too corny?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What are the odds of getting a frog in the tank..... does it help octane at all? or C-tane of your a diesel guy

yrral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm a bit lazy. It the truck is running well I would just let his bones lay where they are. I can't see how any parts could get past the filters and screens to the engine.

Funny though!

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Wow, this is crazy. How did it get in there in the first place? there is no place for it to get in from the backside, only from the door opening... ..

I heard there was a "X" in the filler tube to prevent anything from entering the tank. I had a buddy that traded in his truck and it had a full tank, we tried to get it out and fill a buddies truck but couldn't get the hose in far enough.