fuel line problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

njotjc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Guys

I am new to the forum, so hopefully I am posting this in the right place.
I have a 96 Dodge Dakota with the 3.9 V6. It's 2 wheel drive and has a 5 speed in it.

I'm having a problem with the fuel line leaking on it. It seems that part of the line is plastic, i.e. from the top of the gas tank over to the frame rail, where it joins the steel line that goes up to the engine. It is this plastic part that has a pinhole in it and is leaking.

Here is the problem: none of the auto parts stores have this, none of the salvage yards have this because they cut the fuel lines to drain the gas and prevent starting when the vehicles come into the yards, and the dealer also no longer carries this part.

The Dodge dealer gave me this part number: 52127583, but told me they no longer carry this.

I did some searching online at places like moparpartsoverstock.com and factorychryslerparts.com. Both web sites say they no longer carry this item.

I checked eBay also - no luck.

It's supposed to be the plastic fuel line for 94-96 Dodge Dakotas. This fuel line has to be out there somewhere. Does anyone have any suggestions?

(I tried to repair it using a metal barbed piece that goes inside the fuel line that you use clamps on - I got it at O'Reilly's. Well, it totally doesn't work at all, it leaks less now, but it still leaks.)

Even if I cannot find the exact length line, all I care about is that I have one that will connect at each end and will be one solid piece.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have!

Lugnutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you entertained the idea of replacing the damaged section with flexline? I am unsure of the requirements for your exact vehicle but since it is not a high pressure segment I wouldn't see why not.