Halogen Headlight Bulbs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbigmike2121

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello Fellow Ram Owners:

I just recently purchased my 2013 Ram 1500, and I'm wanting to upgrade my halogen light bulbs to the brightest white for all of the bulbs, like the: High Beams, Low Beams, and Fog Lights.

I should state that I do NOT want to upgrade to HIDs as I had those in my late 2013 Dodge Charger Daytona, and they were just a pain.

Also, if this is not in the right location on the form, please feel free to point me in the right direction.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
I am currently using the Sylvania zXe bulbs

I am very pleased with them, just need to grab the 9006 for the fogs yet

Advanced Auto has a $ 15 MIR for each set going on now

OP
OP
K

kbigmike2121

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am currently using the Sylvania zXe bulbs

I am very pleased with them, just need to grab the 9006 for the fogs yet

Advanced Auto has a $ 15 MIR for each set going on now

Thanks Witch, I'll have to look into those. Are they really bright white?

I did a web search and the PIAA Extreme White PLUS, but don't really know the way to match the highs, lows, and fogs.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had the Zxes in my old truck and they were nice. They arnt as white as hids or leds but whiter and brighter than normal halogens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the Zxes in my old truck and they were nice. They arnt as white as hids or leds but whiter and brighter than normal halogens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do they fit in the housing unit with the dust cap on?

What size bulb did you use? I have projector headlights and I can't seem to find the size for Zxes

Thanks

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Do they fit in the housing unit with the dust cap on?

What size bulb did you use? I have projector headlights and I can't seem to find the size for Zxes

Thanks
According to Sylvania's bulb finder, ZXEs are not available in the 9012 size for the projector housings, ZXEs are available for the High(9005) and Fog(9006)
Only the Sylvania SilverStars are available in the 9012 size, they will be whiter than the standard LongLife bulbs you probably have now.

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
According to Sylvania's bulb finder, ZXEs are not available in the 9012 size for the projector housings, ZXEs are available for the High(9005) and Fog(9006)
Only the Sylvania SilverStars are available in the 9012 size, they will be whiter than the standard LongLife bulbs you probably have now.

Thank you I figured as soon as I search for my bulb size nothing appeared

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
The bulb replacement information is in your book in the glove compartment

Advanced Auto carries them with the 15 MIR , I just picked up the fogs tonight and got the $ 15 MIR as well as $ 20 bucks off on a coupon they sent me signing up when I bought the highs & lows

OP
OP
K

kbigmike2121

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The bulb replacement information is in your book in the glove compartment

Advanced Auto carries them with the 15 MIR , I just picked up the fogs tonight and got the $ 15 MIR as well as $ 20 bucks off on a coupon they sent me signing up when I bought the highs & lows

Thanks witch for the information! I'm going to have to see if I have an Advanced Auto where I'm at. Those Mail In Rebates Sound Great!

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Thanks for the heads up...

Just finished installing the Silvania SilverStar ZxE's for the Lows (H11 bulbs) on my quad headlights that were on sale at Advance Auto with $15 mail in rebate plus for 10% off as a veteran (about $42 total)
35de1708696a167b15dade67d5295e1d.jpg

Used this video to figure it out...
https://youtu.be/CgrUH1qs_s0

Looks a lot better initially.

Up All Night Sleep All Day via my LG G4 on Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Also thought I'd share this ...
I bought them there as well with a 30% off coupon I found on the web right around the same price with tax as you paid. . as far as the brightness goes im impressed so far much better than stock in my opinion and a throw a wider farther beam of light down the road the lines on the road and signs are much easier to see now .when i can afford the upgrade will be going to oem projectors so these bulbs were a nice upgrade to hold me over
^^^^^
This sums it up for me too. And since I don't have fogs the lighting from the lows was pretty bad up close.

Not sure if they are actually better or if it is placebo with the whiter color output but they do seem better than stock b and a worthwhile upgrade if not going with a projector/hid conversion for a while.

Up All Night Sleep All Day via my LG G4 on Tapatalk

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
You won't get a 9012 bulb that actually has more lumens as the 9012 is an HIR-style bulb, they are the brightest you'll get.

Remember, color temperature does NOT equal brightness. If your bulbs have ANY color coating on them at all, you're killing light output.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963