headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JDhenley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2012 ram headlight went out, week later it came back on, 2 weeks later goes out again. Changed bulb, works for 2 weeks, out again. Didn't notice the first bulb being burnt out. Finding out it may be a chip issue. Any ideas?

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
My 2012 ram headlight went out, week later it came back on, 2 weeks later goes out again. Changed bulb, works for 2 weeks, out again. Didn't notice the first bulb being burnt out. Finding out it may be a chip issue. Any ideas?
Have the dealership run a scan. On my 06 3rd gen 1500, the passenger side low beam randomly went out one day. I tried changing bulbs, no luck. My voltmeter said the truck side of the h13 plug had power and the headlight side of the harness had power as well. So i was stumped why it wasn't working.

The dealer hooked up their scanner and it turned out my TIPM had 9 internal failures with 8 being inactive and 1 active, the passenger side low beam. In the end I needed a new TIPM.

Good luck and hopefully its a bad h13 plug or a loose wire. TIPM's are expensive.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk