Help with Parking Brake Lever to Brake Assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamLove4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I really hope that someone can help me, I greatly appreciate it.

I replaced my rear parking brake cable on the driver side recently but now I am stuck. I have everything in place accept the cable end to the brake assembly lever which is behind the backing plate. My truck is equipped with 4-wheel disc brakes. I keep finding how-to information with drum brakes but not what I am looking for...

I attached a picture of how close the cable end is to the lever if it helps anyone to understand. It is soooo close but I can't move the cable hook due to the spring. I have the tension adjustment pretty tight along with the parking brake pedal to the floor.

Do I have to use force to move the level since that is what the cable does anyway?

This is also my third cable, the first was the wrong one and the second had a plastic retainer for the spring which I broke when I was attempting to put the parking cable end in the lever at the brake assembly.

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 125