How to mount flag poles in your bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ona4day

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/flagetiq.html#display

"flag on car 13. When the flag is displayed on a car, the staff shall be fixed firmly to the chassis or clamped to the right fender."

Other info: http://www.usflag.org/flagetiquette.html

Ok I want to explain myself without putting anyone down or ******* people off, this is just one of my pet peeves and this is why I'm even saying anything. I probably wouldn't even know about it had I not been a Boy Scout and forced to read this a few times. The info and "rules" about flag etiquette in these websites can be found all over, maybe just worded a little different.
Ok, so with that being said, as a patriotic American there are a few things we all just do and/or know about: you salute the Flag with your right hand over your heart while standing facing it, you stand at attention, hat off, quite during the National anthem, you don't let the flag touch the ground, right? You do all this because you learned it somewhere, you get a little irked if you seen someone not doing these things....but you are going to jail if you violate them, it's etiquette, not law. Well displaying the flag on a vehicle is no different, there is etiquette about how it should, must be done. Another common violation that bugs me is displaying the flag on a sports uniform. The flag is a symbol of national pride, service and like it or not, warfare. It is not to be worn on the uniform of the NFL or the likes, representing over paid assholes, and advertising. The flag can only be worn by police, fire, or military.
So with that info that I have presented, do with it as you please, just know that those of us that know the etiquette, look at you just like you look at someone sitting down, talking, wearing their hat with a dirty, upside down flag on it, during the Pledge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
TexasRammer

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Flag Rules and Regulations

"flag on car 13. When the flag is displayed on a car, the staff shall be fixed firmly to the chassis or clamped to the right fender."

Other info: USFlag.org: A website dedicated to the Flag of the United States of America - Flag Etiquette

Ok I want to explain myself without putting anyone down or ******* people off, this is just one of my pet peeves and this is why I'm even saying anything. I probably wouldn't even know about it had I not been a Boy Scout and forced to read this a few times. The info and "rules" about flag etiquette in these websites can be found all over, maybe just worded a little different.
Ok, so with that being said, as a patriotic American there are a few things we all just do and/or know about: you salute the Flag with your right hand over your heart while standing facing it, you stand at attention, hat off, quite during the National anthem, you don't let the flag touch the ground, right? You do all this because you learned it somewhere, you get a little irked if you seen someone not doing these things....but you are going to jail if you violate them, it's etiquette, not law. Well displaying the flag on a vehicle is no different, there is etiquette about how it should, must be done. Another common violation that bugs me is displaying the flag on a sports uniform. The flag is a symbol of national pride, service and like it or not, warfare. It is not to be worn on the uniform of the NFL or the likes, representing over paid assholes, and advertising. The flag can only be worn by police, fire, or military.
So with that info that I have presented, do with it as you please, just know that those of us that know the etiquette, look at you just like you look at someone sitting down, talking, wearing their hat with a dirty, upside down flag on it, during the Pledge.

Ok, yeah I read that before. Its fine, youre not ******* me off.

Personally I think some of those rules are a little crazy. I could see how it would be disrespectful to have the flag draped over your tailgate to where it touches the ground or something like that.. But this never touches the ground or anything like that. And by that rule, would it also be disrespectful to have a sticker of a flag on your car then?

I guess some people see it differently, and I respect your opinion but I see it as patriotic. I have yet to have someone complain to me about it in person and I always get compliments. I have some friends who were in boy scouts till the end and never said anything to me about it, they think its cool haha. Like how you said it shouldn't be on athletic uniforms and I know thats in the code, and I agree with you that theyre over paid assholes haha. Although majority of those guys dont care, I see that as being patriotic and it reminds me of the great country we live in.

Ona4day

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well not going to jail over doing things like that makes this the great county this is, and why you want to display the flag in the first place right? Try doing anything to a Chinese flag in the wrong place and you'll get ran over by a tank.

dwysywd

Reaction score
Ram Year
1983 D350 CCSB
Engine
360ci
Thank goodness we are not in China. This forum would not exist.

Sent from my bag phone...

Egress

Reaction score
Ram Year
03 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 SLT
Engine
Stock 235hp 4.7L/287 V-8
I personally am not really into flying flags on my truck BUT... I am military and those few times a year it really makes my heart sing when I see some of the old cats flying high and proud. More so it reminds me of being back home, where its normal to see Old Glory along side of the Confederate. It shames me to think about something that gave so many hope in times of need could be tarnished and hated so much.

Inside Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pent
I personally am not really into flying flags on my truck BUT... I am military and those few times a year it really makes my heart sing when I see some of the old cats flying high and proud. More so it reminds me of being back home, where its normal to see Old Glory along side of the Confederate. It shames me to think about something that gave so many hope in times of need could be tarnished and hated so much.

Bravo!!!!

Couldn't have said it any better myself!

Being in the Infantry any time i see a flag flying, it strikes a note on the ticker. It reminds me of what i fight for. My country, god, and family. It reminds me that god put EVERY ONE OF US on this earth to do something more with our lives than just going back and forth to work every day. I don't do it for my government but for the man next to me, and I don't care how its being flown as long as were free enough to fly the SOB.
So when i step off from my door step every day, i don't need recognition or even a thank you. You just fly that red, white, and blue anyway you possibly can, because as long as there is even one flag flying on our countries soil, there's freedom.

Its OK to have a different opinion on what patriotism is, hell i fight so we can have an opinion, and be free enough to express it. But lets make sure we respect those opinions.
I know a lot of good soldiers who are sitting on the couch at home right now who wish to god everyday they could be with me in the fight. But some stupid technicality prevented them from joining the military. So they do as much as they can as a civilian to help one another and serve there country. Hey, if that's not a patriot to the core, i don't know what it is!

And lets not forget the people that complain about how bad it is here, or how great there country was........... well nobody's holding you here are they?
Hell, give me a call and ill drive you and your family to the airport. Oh yea...... and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out of my country!!!

Texas Rammer, you fly those SOB's loud and proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I salute you fellow patriot!!!

Done with rant. Sorry men!

Last edited:

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey, it's a good idea. And for those of us that tailgate at college football games, throw in the college flag alongside the USA flag. Or 2 college flags, or a pirate flag, whatever! A simple idea for something a few people may not have thought of. Thanks OP!