Intermittent Signal/headlight issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Waddle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.8L
(Ok bare with me, its apparently a long post)
We have a 2015 Ram 1500. Got it in October. No issues. About 6 weeks ago, my husband was driving the truck home at night and the left turn signal started to act up. indicator light on dash started flashing super fast, which in most cases would mean you need to replace the the light or bulb. Message pops up, "Left front turn signal out". Both the front and back signal lamps work fine, light on the drivers side mirror is flashing faster than normal. Next morning, its fixed, light works normal, no message in the message centre. Ok just a fluke. The next night, it acts up again. So we are both out checking, I took a video (I'll include it) to show the service department so they don't think I'm crazy.

So I take the truck to the dealership, but the signal light is working, they can't diagnose it without it acting up fair enough. It does however throw a code (B163A-15). So the mechanic clears the code and says to bring the truck back when it acts up again, but they may have to replace the BCM.

So it acts up again 3 days later, and I try and rush it to the dealership the next morning. I'm almost to the dealership and the problem fixes itself... *sigh* So the mechanic comes out and we talk and I show him my video... cause at this point I'm convinced they think I'm some crazy chick who knows nothing about vehicles. He tells me that they've had one other truck in with that issue, and they replaced the BCM and it hasn't come back. So they order the part, put the part in, should fix the problem. Tell me to come back if it happens again.

Well 4-5 days later the problem happens again, except this time the truck decided to up the anti... there's a new message "Low Beam headlight out" Its a Sunday. service department isn't open. Both issues fix themselves about 6 hours later.

But no issues for the next 2 weeks. This morning, the signal light acts up on while I'm out in the city, so I take it to Dodge, the mechanic comes out, and pulls the door panel off, unplugs the light, and resets the module in the door hoping it will fix the problem. It doesn't it still there. So Its booked in for Thursday for him to check all the wires... cause he's stumped at what it could be.

On my way home, the Low beam light message comes up, and then about 20 minutes later my right turn signal kicks out, which its never done before. I park and I check all my lights. My drivers side low beam light it out, I have NO daytime running light, my passenger fog lamp is out, I have no hazard lights, and no right turn signal. ALL the lights in the rear work normal.

Does ANYONE have any idea what the hell is going on with my truck? Or has this happened to anyone else? The truck is 5 months old for crying out loud, this is our 3rd Ram, and we've NEVER had issues like this. We are starting to think we some how got a lemon.

I have some videos and pictures, I'll try adding them in the comments... or I may have to edit this post from my phone to add them as they are on my phone not computer.

RightTurn Signal (Takes you to facebook)
Hazard Light (Takes you to Facebook)
Left Turn Signal. Sorry this was taken at night (Takes you to Facebook)

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I'm very sorry to hear about this experience! Please let me know how things go at the dealership on Thursday and PM me if you need additional assistance after the appointment.

truck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What ended up being the problem?