jack for Lifted guys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H3MI UP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe a stupid question but thought I would ask anyway. What do you guys do to jack up the truck so you can rotate tires and what not. I have 2 floor jacks but not sure they will go high enough. Also let's say you have a flat tire on the side of the road with 35" tires will you still be able to use the factory spare or will this mess more stuff up. Like I said probably a dumb question but this is my first lifted truck and tires bigger than 33 12.50

Jershipe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got a small floor jack in a case that I keep in the truck. But I still need to upgrade my spare to the 35 inches. When I rotate them I use my big floor jack under the front cross members. Then put it on stands. A regular floor jack should go high enough if you lift it under the cross members up front and rear diff. I haven't tried the factory jack. But those things are dangerous on a stock truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not dumb questions at all.

I don't even mess with any of that due to tire size. Rotations done at shop. Flats....hell I don't even carry a spare. I'll be getting a flat bed called with roadside assistance.

But....my situations a little different. I rarely drive my truck.

OP
OP
H3MI UP

H3MI UP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't daily drive mine either but was really curious as what everybody does

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
A floor jack definitely still works to get it off the ground. The front cross member and the rear diff are still low enough that a floor jack will extend high enough. If needed to can always put a few blocks on top of the floor jack to get the extra height.

Spare tire wise, no you can't use the stock spare anymore. You'd either need to carry a full size 35" spare (which won't fit under the truck) or be prepared to call a tow truck, friend, tire shop etc. if you ever do have a problem.

OP
OP
H3MI UP

H3MI UP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I can jack up from the rear diff and front crossmember with no issues?

15bigblue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.4 Hemi
A little late to the party, but i thought i would share a fun story. I caught a flat the other night, and my floor jack was at my brothers, so i decided to use the stock scissor jack. No such luck apparently the last owner borrowed it and never returned it. I called AAA and the guy broke his jack lifting the truck. Endless to say we ended us using the wheel lift and jack stands but man sure your jack is rated to hold your rig, just because it reached doesn't mean it can lift it.

Crawgator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I had a 2005 Z71 with 34.5" tires, 3" torsion lift. I cut 2 pieces of 4"X4" post about 12"-14"s long and layed them parallel with each other. I then cut 2 pieces of 1"X6" boards and screwed one piece on top and bottom of the 4X4's. Basically made a raised platform for a bottle jack that I carried in the truck. Hope this helps..

fxnytro17

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4
Engine
I have a 315/70 r17 bf Goodrich KO under the bed right now. Fits perfectly. It's at about 75% thread life left as well so it's not that much smaller then a new one.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Not dumb questions at all.

I don't even mess with any of that due to tire size. Rotations done at shop. Flats....hell I don't even carry a spare. I'll be getting a flat bed called with roadside assistance.

But....my situations a little different. I rarely drive my truck.

Not a dumb question at all, but what is dumb is driving around with no spare tire.:crazy:

panoz3

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I use a AC Delco 3 ton SUV jack which works great on my leveled truck with 33" tires.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So..... jacking the truck up from the rear diff? Not arguing this one bit, just seems like a hell of a lot of weight to be putting on something that wasnt built to have any weight stresses like that?

jimm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 gas
So..... jacking the truck up from the rear diff? Not arguing this one bit, just seems like a hell of a lot of weight to be putting on something that wasnt built to have any weight stresses like that?

especially if ya got a load in the bed, not real good I've always figured

I always look for a good spot under the axle housing as close to the wheel as possible

That being said, I've seen LOTs of people use the diff as a jacking point over the years so maybe it's OK.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio