Long start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobbieB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gas 5.9 V8
My truck is having a long start issue. I've replaced the fuel pump as the guy I got it from said the gauge stuck at half a tank. Cleaned the throttle body and replaced the IAC for rough idle. Replace the thermostat to a 195 to get the running temp right on her. Have an 32 egr code. Its obd1. Went around the intake and throttle body checking for leak no rev anywhere. Still got to check the fuel pressure for bleed down from the injectors and gonna put a vacuum gauge on it to see check that. What else do I need to test. I'm used to working on obd 2 where I can get info obd1 is new to me.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does it eventually start? How does it run if/when it does start?

OP
OP
R

RobbieB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gas 5.9 V8
It'll eventually start. Cranks strong for 5-10 seconds. Typically have to mat the throttle before it'll start. Runs strong when it starts with slight rough idle does fine off idle. Usually starts fine if I turn it off and restart pretty quickly. I've ran through so many scenarios in my head I don't know where to go next.