Lost Wheel lock key

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CC12RamLove

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Dont know how it happened. I lost the key to my wheel locks. Dealer says $65 for a matching key and set of nuts. Anyone know how to get theses off with out it?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dealers should have a master key/tool to remove them. They may charge you to remove them.

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Not sure if the OEM wheel locks have a slipping collar

My 2014 OEM Mopar locks have the spinning collar and the PO apparently lost the key. I tried the drive a socket on method and it failed. Just can't compress the rotating shell enough. Tomorrow, I'll cut the shell off with a high speed wheel and then use the socket method.

I purchased another set of the Mopar/Mcgard ones like the originals and will replace them. I ordered a second key from Mcgard and will keep the key numbers.

I also registered the key with Mcgard and they will now have a permanent record of the key for reorder.

Bob

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
most tire shops have a universal 'tool' to get those off. i took mine off and left them off

OP
OP
CC12RamLove

CC12RamLove

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I guess i will have to take it to a shop and see what they can do. They have a slip collar and the socket method didn't work.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk