many error codes on power wagon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sbowman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 power wagon
Engine
5.7 hemi
2005 power wagon. 3 weeks ago i got the p0206 error. check engine light came on and the truck ran a little funny. I replaced the injector on syl 6. When i fired it up, it felt smooth but i got a new code. I dont remember the number but it was an ignition fault. drove truck and it ran fine for 2 weeks. p206 came back. Ignored it. Yesterday the truck wouldnt start. I stepped out of it to see if i could hear the fuel pump. Fuel pump wasnt coming on. Tried to crank a few more times and it fired. Fuel pump is about 7 months old. If i try to start the truck, sometimes the pump comes on sometimes not. I cuurently have a bunch of codes on the dash. P0306, p0206,p0688, and p2112. i have no idea whats going on. to me it seems like an electrical issue. im going to start digging more after work. any suggestions would be appreciated.

OP
OP
S

Sbowman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 power wagon
Engine
5.7 hemi
Help

today, i did the cluster reset and then disconnected my ground on battery. probably an hour or so later i went out and reconnected the battery. all codes are gone and it started right up. i ran it till it was fully heated up. no codes. im still a little gun shy about driving it home

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dissconecting the battery will erase the codes but they will most likley come back. It very well could be an electrical issue. The P206 (#6 injector) and P306 (#6 cylinder missfire) are most likely related. I have to ask because it does happen if you are sure you changed the correct injector? I only ask because it does happen. If you are sure you got the right injector I would double check the injector plug and as much of the wiring as you can to see if the problem is somewhere in your connections. The other codes are for low voltage/low cranking amps plus stuck throttle body plate or throttle body signal. Both of these codes could be caused by several different things all of the way from a bad battery or connection to a faulty ECM. I have seen the P0688 code come on for a bad battery that was low on water. It could be possible the battery was a little weak to start with and it ran down enough to throw the 0668 code. In some cases it is hard to hear your fuel pump. It may be on and you don't know it. If your fuel pump is definitely not coming on when you're trying to start the vehicle then you're going to start leaning towards other issues and posibly the ECM if you are not getting power to the fuel pump. In any case sometimes it takes a while to figure these things out. I would recommend running it and seeing what codes if any come back and start from there.