mickey thompson ATZ anyone???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rambob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
mickey thompson ATZ anyone???

opinion, mileage, wet/ hydroplaning performance??

thanks

Grubrunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Very good tires.

Had them on my GM a few years back and was very happy with them. After about 16months of riding on them, they still looked like they did the day I thru them on.

The only reason I tossed them out was I went with new [bigger/wider] shoes and a level.

Would by them again in a heartbeat.

ADDCJ

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
pretty good tires, I know they have really stepped up their game recently.

Badger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have run **** cepek fun countrys since high school and swear by them for an on the road off the road tire. They wear like a mud tire though. Made by m/t as well.

GoinDownhole

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Are you wondering about the 4 rib or 5?

The 4 rib are less prone to hydroplaning than the 5, but iirc the 5's are the 10ply rated version.

M/T makes a damn good tire, and always have. In fact, the best set of tires I've ever owned on a pickup were the M/T MTZ's. great riding, wearing, and not too terribly noisy. And they could handle some hellacious mud.

westtnfx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I loved my MTZ's. Performed great and lasted a long long time. Can't help ya with the ATZ's tho :jester:

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Yeah I have not owned the ATZ but I currently run M/T MTZ on my Ram and love them. I ram M/T Baja Claws on my last truck and they were awesome on the mud, snow and deep sand but not great on the ice. In all if it is made by Mickey Thompson I would buy.

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
I love mine. I have had MTZs and Terra Grapplers as well. As for the ATZs, I have had them on my truck for about 25k miles and they show very little wear. For an all terrain tire, they have a ton of tread and are great off road and in the wet and snow. They are a bit load for an all terrain, but for the amount of tread on them, they are very quiet.