Micro jump starter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbarnha3

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A buddy of mine brought a Blue point mini jump starter he bought off the snap on truck to show me so it got me interested in keeping one in my truck. From what I can tell the microstart xp 10 is the best one I have found for like 165 on amazon. It has a 15,000 mah batter and peaks at 600 amp. Anyone have a mini jump starter? What brand and do you recommend? The one I'm talking about will start a 2500 or 3500

shaftman_05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Diesels pretty much aren't jump able with any of these. I've used some of the largest DSR, matco, mac, and snapnon. They all dont last for too long before a noticeable drop in output.

Second they need to stay charged or on a trickle regularly for longest life. So leaving in your truck especially if it gets cold by you is a very bad idea.

Help?

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Put a new battery in your truck every three years and as long as you don't have a charging problem with the truck you'll never need it.

OP
OP
C

cbarnha3

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Actually was looking into getting one for my gf so she won't have to ask a stranger if her battery were to die.

Bakaehler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've used 4 different sized micro jumpers from one of my vendors and only the biggest one worked on a diesel. And it should almost be fully charged before you try to use it on a big truck.