New Ram 1500 won't start in the AM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SimsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sooo....I bought my Ram 1500 Hemi 5.7 six weeks ago, car gets parked in the garage every PM.
Last week I couldn't start the engine- I pushed the start button and the engine just started cranking for about 15-20 seconds and the check engine light went on. Kept on pushing the start button until the engine finally went silent. Pushed the start button again and the engine started fine, but with a slight sputter....
So this has happened every single morning for over a week now. Got a "random misfire" diagnosed at a local auto parts shop and had to wait 5 days for a service appointment at my dealership.

Every time the engine was off for more than 3-4 hrs, it would not start, just crank. So this was happening during the day as well.

Dropped the truck off on Tuesday and they keep telling me that the truck is starting just fine at their dealership and they have no clue what is going on. First they thought it might be the outside temperature, which doesn't make sense to me because it's still mild outside, today I was told it's probably the fuel I put into my car, which is Bradley premium. Technician said it's low quality and full of dirt. We have two newer Durangos here at home that have never had an issue with the Bradley fuel...
That same fuel is in the truck right now though, so why is it starting fine with them?
Am supposed to pick up the truck this afternoon since they can't find what's wrong with it and am not happy about it. Would have liked to know what was causing the problem.
Anybody have any ideas? I'm wondering if they think I'm just a dumb woman who doesn't know how to start her car :baby:

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Find another dealer. Sounds like maybe a fuel pump issue, keeping enough pressure.

But if they cant find something wrong, find another dealer. Brand new truck, you shouldn't have to deal with it at all.