New tires... but?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

golfer9619

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Tire question?

Alright guys, I've had a crazy day today and would like some advice on a tire issue. So not even 3000 miles ago, I go to a tire dealership that I've always used and get a new set of kanati trail hog A/T tires put on. that was at like 132, 7xx miles. Today, I went on a bike ride and came home and the front drivers side tire was flat. The truck is at 134,2xx miles now. The thing is, there isn't a nail or anything in the tread. The "hole" is on the inside of the tire sidewall. It is maybe a pinky fingernail size crack in the tire but it is leaking pretty heavily. I reinflated it and used soap and water to find it. My question is, would this be covered under warranty? I mean, with so low miles and these tires being designed to have a very well structured sidewall, wouldn't this be considered deffective? I haven't gone offroading or anything with them and haven't hit any potholes or anything. I'm just not liking the idea of forking over another 180 bucks for a new tire after I just bought these.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Check the tire date stamped on the sidewall.

With so few miles, I would think these are covered under warranty.

How long have the tires been on the truck? Not mileage, rather, months or years?

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Off topic- never heard of that tire brand, have you ever used them and what is your opinion on them? How is performance in wet/dry/snowy conditions, noise level/comfort level?

Hope you get your issue resolved though!

nationalminer84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
never heard of that brand either. I would ask the dealer.