No speedometer or odometer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kelle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi guys. I need some expert opinions here. I've been chasing my tail for a while now trying to figure this one out. My speedometer and odometer stopped working on my 2005 hemi 1500 4x4. The abs and brake lights come on sometimes but the actual abs does not work. From what I've read, there's only three speed sensors on these trucks; an input and output sensor on the left side of tranny, and a sensor on the rear diff. So, this is where it gets wierd. My brother has an 03 hemi 1500 which from my understanding is the same truck as my 05. Well, we tried unplugging each sensor on his to see if we could recreate the issue on my truck. No matter what we did, we couldn't get the speedo and odometer NOT to work on his truck. We also tried swapping our rear speed sensors which didnt do anything. So my question is: what sensor do these trucks use for the speedometer and odometer?

427invader

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Driver side front wheel hub assembly has a wheel speed sensor in it. Might want to check that.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Try swapping the instrument cluster temporarily with your brother , I've seen 4th gen trucks have your issue and the cluster itself was the culprit .

Hope this helps !

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Rhyne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My odometer stopped at 621369 I thought this problem was fixed years ago. Does anyone know if this can be flashed or do I need a new panel?