Not Ram related but needing some help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alright guys. My dad just had a set of Longtubes out on his 6.1 Challenger. Ever since his install he has had his ESP and ABS lights coming on. Do you guys know what's causing this and what to do to fix it. Thanks for any help.

Correction it's the BAS light. Not the ABS light.

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
My guess is the wheel speed sensor, no guess on why though. Maybe not related to tubes, dunno.

OP
OP
Statcher1

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's what we are thinking. The only thing we can think is they forgot to plug it back up. When they got done.

OP
OP
Statcher1

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe we got it figured out. I did some digging on a Challenger forum. And they said if the battery dies on them that the will throw the BAS and ESP light after it's been boosted. Especially if it's an old battery. And seeing as his car is a 2010 with the factory battery still in it. That could be the case. The lights went out on there own and didn't come back on when I drove it out to the store after he got it to the house. So we are going to replace the old battery. Then drive it for a few days. And if the lights come back on. We will drop it back off at the shop to let them figure it out.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Sometimes a fault needs three key cycles (On, Off, On, Off, On, Off) to clear a momentary code.

If the light went out that's a good sign. It means the fault didn't return after the key cycles.

OP
OP
Statcher1

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It seems like that may have been it.

On another not. Man the headers sure opened his car up. I can't wait until he has the cam and heads and it dyno tuned this summer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956