Oil Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IT_Cowboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am new here, this is my first post here. This is my second Ram. My first was years ago, I have had a lot of jeeps and spent much time on Jeep forums. Anyway my question is... I have a 2014 Ram Big Horn with 5.7 and I am curious to know what the oil pressure should be when idle and under normal operation. I think I am have a problem with Oil pressure, and I have noticed oil on my driveway. I change the oil yesterday (after doing it two weeks ago), just to ensure that the filter and plug where tight. Which they were, but I figured to be safe I would just change the oil to make sure it's back to the proper level and everything is tight. I have noticed a few drips since then but nothing like before (about the size of a large pizza and drips down the drive from where I pulled out). I am wondering if I blew a seal or something. The day I noticed the big oil spot was the first cool day of the year, so I am not sure if that plays into it. Thanks in advance, and sorry for being so long winded. :favorites13:

Kidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, eTorque
Make sure the gasket from the old oil filter didn't remain when you put the new one on. It should not leak at all.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Oil pressure when cold should be around 55-60psi and when warmed up should be around 27-30psi at idle.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I have had issues with my oil filters leaking, I have put a wix on and all seems good now. And the lowest oil.pressure I have seen is idle warm in gear was low 30's put it in nutrual and jumps right up to 45+ hope this hekps