Oil pressure issue.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

josh.notw7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys. I had a question for you guys. Me and the dodge dealer mechanics are kind of baffled (I am a paintless dent repair tech at a huge dodge dealer) so I have a 07 ram mega cab with a hemi and I noticed recently that when I start it up in the mornings it would barely go past the first black line (about 1/8th) of the gauge. It doesn't matter if I drive around or anything. It will stay there. Unless I shut the truck off and start it again. Then it will go about 1/16th past the halfwayline. It won't fluctuate between accelerating or anything. I'm just not sure what the issue could be. Any ideas? I change my oil every 3-4k miles with valvoline full synthetic and a Purolator synthetic boss filter. So I know it's not lack of oil or anything. Also I replaced the oil pressure switch with a new oem Mopar one thinking that would be the issue and it didn't change anything.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have they thought about checking the gauge itself to see if it's working right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

josh.notw7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't know how I would really test that.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Put a mechanical gauge in place of the stock sender and see what the actual psi is without the variables. If it reads normal( whatever the psi is supposed to be) then go from there.