PLasti-Dip..........where to buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CumminsCrazed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins 24v
ive been looking everywhere for plastidip and i can not find it ANYWHERE. im ready to start coating my truck BUT i cant find it anywhere to buy it......

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
Menards, Lowes, Home Depot, Ace Hardware. Its in the paint isle by the spray paints

gmzvip23

Reaction score
Ram Year
2k12
Engine
look on ebay i got 6 of them for like 40 free shipping. cheaper then in store.

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
got mine at fleet farm. it was not in the paint area but the tool area I think because its used for tool handles.

OP
OP
CumminsCrazed

CumminsCrazed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins 24v
mills fleet farm?

also ive checked menards and ace hardware, maybe i just missed it?

either way im thinking bout doing bumpers and grille, thoughts?

Mgpatton1s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah you missed it lol. I just picked up two spray cans of it at Ace. But for some reason it wasn't in the spray can section. Honestly, it was just sitting on the bottom of a shelf and really outta place I thought but I can't remember what section it was in

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Home Depot is where I found some here in central IL. Our Ace and Menards had it but not in the spray.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you're dipping the whole truck, go to dipyourcar dot com and check out their setup.
They sell it with the thinner and a spray gun. They have lots of video how to's as well.

gotbrains230

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
either way im thinking bout doing bumpers and grille, thoughts?
Man Ive done my front & rear bumper with it and its holding up great. Just make sure to do plenty of coats so you wont have to worry about rock chips. I did 7 or 8 on my front, and like 5 on the back

First I ordered from Dip Your Car but then I found it cheaper at Home Depot. It was in the paint section. I went to HD about a month ago and there were 7 cans but I only got 6. I had a sharpie in my pocket so I put a couple dots on the lid of the other one, I went back this morning and that same damn can was still sitting there. And here I thought I was doing somebody a favor by leaving it LOL

Last edited:
OP
OP
CumminsCrazed

CumminsCrazed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins 24v
yeah i found some at menards, they had 9 or 10 cans of it, i bought 3. any certain things i need to do before dipping. any specific stuff to use to prep the bumpers and grille? also would u do grille on or off truck, im not gonna monkey with removing bumpers to do it.

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All you gotta do is wash em clean and spray it on. I think most people leave their grilles on when they do it

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
Unlike spray paint any over spray will wipe off// another helpful factor just so you guys know paint thinner destroys this stuff so if you ever get to an area you dont or cant peel put some on a rag and boya it will be gone

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
Was having a hard time removing my hood stripes i did with plasti dip soaked a rag and 2 mins later was all gone washed and waxed and good as new

OP
OP
CumminsCrazed

CumminsCrazed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins 24v
ok so should i be un-concerned about spraying it into my ac condenser or air charge cooler? also, should i remove bumpers to do those or leave em on and should i also spray the black top plastic piece or just leave that the way it is.

OP
OP
CumminsCrazed

CumminsCrazed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins 24v
whats the best way to remove wax, plastic shine, chrome polish etc so i know this stuff will stick and bond like its supposed to.

gotbrains230

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Man all you gotta do it is wash & dry and spray it plasti-dip

I would take the grille off, that way you don't have to tape everything up...much easier that way

This is how I did my front. I put 55g trash bags over the front and taped them up. Even though the stuff will peel off, do you really wanna be sitting there peeling this crap off your hood all day?

bumperp.jpg

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would either take the grille off or put something like a piece of cardboard behind the grille, you dont wanna get that stuff all over your condenser or radiator and stuff. You can leave the bumpers on, I would use some kind of wax/ grease remover though if you have all that stuff on there

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bug n tar remover will strip all the wax, grease etc. Or plain ol' dawn dish soap does the trick too.