Rear door issues and performance question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zachl88

Reaction score
OK so I've tried to use the search engine on here and I haven't had any luck at all with what I'm trying to figure out. So here's my issue(s). I have a 2001 Ram Sport 1500 quad cab... I believe... I have 2 front doors and the suicide rear half doors. My passenger side rear door is seized and will not open. I have tried spraying the opening mechanisms with wd40 and no luck. Does anybody have an idea or tip other then cutting the door open and replacing everything and possibly having body work to do also? And my second question. I have a few local old schooler truck friends who keep suggesting I cut off my catalytic converter. I have 5.9 magnum. What exactly will removing the cat accomplish/do/cause? Thanks for any help guys.

Havix00

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Catalytic converters are used to remove harmful exhaust molecules from the combustion process and convert them into not-so-harmful emissions. They're made from layers and layers of honeycomb-like, chemically-treated, metallic plates stacked asymmetrically. This configuration of stacked plates severely restricts exhaust flow, creating back pressure. This back pressure hinders performance, to a small degree. To properly utilize the benefits of a cat-delete, you'd need a tune or air/fuel ratio adjustment, and/or your exhaust O2 sensors would also need to be repositioned for the new mixture of gases.

*If you live in a state that conducts smog/emission inspections, then your truck will no longer be street-legal.*

Other exhaust system restrictions are resonators, y-pipe merges, and mufflers (most restrictive). Hope this helps.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Z

zachl88

Reaction score
Where I'm at in Ohio they don't test emissions so I think I'd be okay on that front. As far as relocating the o2 sensor any tips on placement? Or is that something I would have to wait until its removed to figure out?