Signature Series ATF by Amsoil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

N8Vbighorn'98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Anyone ever use this for their trucks? And what was the outcome??
Is it actually safe to use??
I know after I changed my oil from junk napa gold .
I changed it to Signature Series 10w30 and damn I like my truck. Power and fuel efficiency through the roof compared to the other oil the garage put it.
I know the price is a little high but I would rather do the 1 @ 40000kms oil change per year rather than 4 @ 10000km. That's just me though.
Any thoughts or issues with the Signature Series ATF ???

OP
OP
N

N8Vbighorn'98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
I'm running a 1998 dodge ram 1500 5.9 L magnum 360ci sport

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Yes, i have used it in two trucks. Both have over 200k miles and have never missed a beat. But, they were both switched to all Amsoil fluids with less than 5k miles on them. They say the big trick in using/switching in a higher mileage tranny is to flush and flush until you're positive there is no sludge left in there before buttoning it up and servicing. They say that if you don't get it all out, the Amsoil will find and dislodge it, possibly clogging the new filter in short order.
So, if it were me, I would do the switch if the tranny is still healthy. If it is anything less than healthy, I would keep the course of the past with it.
In order to do it properly, you're going to need a service facility with a machine made to do this sort of thing, a bottle of their flush, and about double the amount of fluid it will hold to run through it and the torque converter, so be prepared to take a flogging from your billing department (if yours is anything like mine). God speed to you.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BlueRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used it in my 2004 Hemi for over 100,000 miles in my 545rfe trans with no issues, but like Rampant I used all Amsoil fluids since it was new. Only mod I made to the trans was a 2800 Edge stall converter at about 60,000 miles. You will need about 6 or 7 gallons of atf for the flush and the final fill so get out your wallet! If you have a lot of miles on the truck take heed of Ramparts advice and do not flush it. Just do a normal drop the pan and change the sump filter and top off with the trans fluid you are currently using.