Spring clamp tool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yeret

The Village Drunk
Reaction score
Under the hood fixing/breaking something.
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Well, after finishing my radiator job, I've once again arrived at a simple conclusion: I really HATE spring clamps. Seriously, I've used regular pliers, channel locks, vice grips, needle nose and no matter what I do I cannot get a strong, firm grip on the ****ers. I grab the ears, squeeze then WOOP, the pliers slides right off.

Either I'm a complete idiot in regards to using pliers or there must be a tool that bites into the ears, squeezes them open and DOESN'T let go until I decide that they let go.

Any advice, guys? I swear, after these last couple battles I'm gonna take the lower radiator hose clamp and de-atomize it...

ram lady

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 2500
Engine
5.7 hemi
Mayhew makes the spring clamp tools.Knipex does as well,both not cheap.Mayhew makes the cable and non cable version

spence36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings 6.7
Ya can buy one at Home Depot I just did and love squeezes and opens I think it's made by channel lock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk