Tech Question about TPS....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dondale13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
fancied up 318 (5.2lt)
On a 2000 Ram 1500 Van w/ the 5.2l, does anyone know what the output voltage is supposed to be at closed throttle, and is there an adjustment for it?

yoda

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
There is no spec or adjustment. As long as it comes back to the same voltage at idle around .9 volts or less at closed throttle. The pcm learns closed throttle. If the voltage is jumping around or does not come back to the same all the time it will idle flaky.
What voltage do you have?

OP
OP
D

dondale13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
fancied up 318 (5.2lt)
.9 at closed throttle, ok. There is an adjustment screw on this throttle body. I'm not sure exactly where I'm starting, but I would like to be informed before I go through taking the 'Dog House' off, what a pain! I'm sure you saw ''VAN''

yoda

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The adjustment on the throttle body is not for tps adjustment, although it will change your tps voltage. Its for your minimum airflow adjustment and normally should not be messed with, unless someone previous has messed with it, you are masking the real problem by adjusting it.
If the throttle body is dirty/sludged. that can cause dyiny at idle. What are you trying to fix?

OP
OP
D

dondale13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
fancied up 318 (5.2lt)
I don't see any need to touch that screw, already cleaned the throttle body and put a new gasket under it, inspected the elbow for the map sensor too. My engine almost feels like its got a misfire, almost, more like a tiny vacuum leak. I got a code p0138, thought it was the bosch sensor so I did some research and found the oem sensor and put it in (Delphi 20046) Today I got that p0138 again! I'm going through checking everything, gotta get E checked this month! And I'm really pressed for time, go under the knife Thurs!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddo